The Guam Economic Development Authority (GEDA) has established a Qualifying Certificate Community Contribution (QCCC) Grant Program to support our local community and is encouraging eligible applicants to apply. The funding for the grant program is made possible by the community contributions from Qualifying Certificate beneficiaries.
Through community contributions funded by its Qualifying Certificate (“QC”) Program, GEDA intends to give back to the local community through an objective, criteria-based scoring process. Below you will find the QCCC Series 4 Program Information, Application Criteria, and the Grant Process. Please direct all other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifying Certificate Community Contribution Series 4 Information Session Presentation:
WHO MAY APPLY / ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
- Applicants must be a registered Guam non-profit organization (NPO) or government of Guam department or agency.
- Ineligible applicants include: individuals; for profit organizations and profit-making enterprises of NPOs; private operating foundations; fraternal, military, service clubs, or similar organizations whose principle activity is for the benefit of its members; and programs that directly benefit members of the Board or Staff of GEDA or their families to the second (2nd) degree of consanguinity.
PROGRAM AREAS OF INTEREST
- Project must fall within one of the following seven (7) categories:
- Health Care (priority to the Guam Memorial Hospital Authority and the Department of Public Health and Social Services)
- Public Safety
- Higher Education
- Cultural Preservation
- Tourist Attractions and/or Projects
- Sports Tourism (to invest in sports facilities on the island)
- Economic Development with a priority on the promotion of industry and small business
CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Project must be able to be completed within twelve (12) months after the grant is awarded or disbursed fund must be returned, and remaining funds will be forfeited and remain with the grant program.
- GEDA requires any government of Guam grantee to conform to the government of Guam procurement law (Chapter 5, Division 1, Title 5 of the Guam Code Annotated).
- Non-government of Guam grantee must, at a minimum, obtain three (3) vendor quotes for items to be purchased over $15,000.
- Grantee must publicly acknowledge the Qualifying Certificate contributor and GEDA.
- GEDA does not require cost-sharing by grantees but highly encourages such cost-sharing plans, if any, to be included in its application.
- Grantee shall submit final program report at the end of the twelve (12) month period.
- GEDA reserves the right to include additional conditions and requirements including but no limited to progress and financial reports.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR GRANT APPLICATION
- Please submit grant application and supporting documents via email at email@example.com.
- Date; Date of application submitted
- Organization; Legal name of the organization submitting proposal
- Funding Request Amount
- Year Founded; if applicable
- Address; The organization's main address
- Tax ID number/Certification/Form W-9; If a nonprofit, copy of your 501 certificate, most recently filed From 990, and Form W-9
- President/Executive Director
- Point of Contact; Primary organization contact
- Applicant organizational structure
Use of Funds
- Total Project Budget;
- Represent how much the project will cost and how the money will be used. If the proposed project includes other funding, identify all sources and amounts.
- Project will be funded by issuance of a grant agreement.
- The recipient shall obtain prior approval for any budget or program revisions.
- NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY
- The GEDA will issue a Notice of Funding Availability as Qualifying Certificate Community Contribution funds become available. This begins the QCCC Grant Program process.
- APPLICATION FORM
- The application must be completed with supporting documentation and submitted by the grant deadline. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of this form as well as required supporting documents.
- GEDA STAFF REVIEW
- The application is initially screened by GEDA staff and prepared for review by the Grant Evaluation Committee.
- GEDA EVALUATION COMMITTEE
- The committee is made up of a minimum of one (1) member of the GEDA board, but no more than three (3), the GEDA CEO/Administrator, the GEDA Deputy Administrator, at least one (1) manager from GEDA, and at least one (1) community member. The application will be reviewed and recommended for approval or disapproval to the GEDA Board.
- GEDA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Applications recommended by the Grant Evaluation Committee will be introduced at a GEDA board meeting.
- NOTICE OF ACTION
- Applicants are informed of the GEDA Board's decision. if an application is not approved, the applicant will be notified.
- GRANT COMPLIANCE MONITORING
- The GEDA Compliance Division will monitor the awarded grant to ensure the grant funds are used as intended.
- The maximum grant award for this grant series is $25,000.
- We highly encourage small $10,000 grant requests.
- GEDA reserves the right to determine what costs are allowable or unallowable. The following is a general guide on allowable and unallowable costs:
- Allowable Costs
- Short-term staffing costs
- Advertising, publicity, promotion, marketing, printing, and publishing costs
- Administration (i.e. communication, postage, and stationary expenses)
- Document preparation or printing
- Unallowable Costs
- Accommodation costs (i.e. hotels, short term vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts)
- Conference attendance costs
- Off-island travel
- Allowable Costs
- Grant funds must be used within twelve (12) months of award.
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Depending on the number of applications, awardees and non-awardees should hear feedback within thirty (30) days.
- Applications should be advised that identifying information regarding all applications, including applicant names and/or points of contact, may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, whether or not such applicants are selected for negotiation of award.
- You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact GEDA at 647-4332.