The Honorable Lourdes A. Leon Guerrero, Governor of Guam, and the Honorable Joshua F. Tenorio, Lieutenant Governor of Guam, have established Prugråman i Pinilan i Famagu’on Guåhan pursuant to Executive Order 2022-07. In addition to making child care more affordable for working families, Governor Leon Guerrero, Department of Public Health & Social Services (DPHSS), and Guam Economic Development Authority (GEDA) are working together to support childcare providers, local families, businesses and non-profit organizations, provide opportunities for our youth to learn new skills and strengthen our community. The Governor’s Child Care Assistance Program Support 2022 (CAPS 2022) opens on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:00AM and GEDA will accept applications until December 30, 2022 at 5pm. Completed applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be subject to the availability of funds.
Child Care Assistance Program Support 2022 (CAPS 2022)
This program under Prugråman i Pinilan i Famagu’on Guåhan (Prugråman Pinilan) provides up to $200,000 in grant funding for local employers and existing childcare providers to support the opening of new childcare facilities and/or expand to a new location/branch in addition to covering personnel costs, rent, utilities, mental health services and more.
There are approximately 48 childcare centers licensed by the Department of Revenue and Taxation (DRT) and DPHSS with a total capacity of 1,920 enrollees. CAPS 2022 has been launched in order to achieve the goal set by the Leon Guerrero-Tenorio Administration to enroll 3,500 children by the end of fiscal year 2023. CAPS 2022 awards will provide assistance and stability for the childcare industry with grant support 75% of total costs associated with opening the childcare facility, not to exceed $200,000 per location.
Program eligibility, allowable uses for grant funding, the CAPS 2022 application and additional details are available below.
For more information
Phone: (671) 647-4332
Email: [email protected]
Email your completed application to: [email protected]
You may also submit your printed application to:
Guam Economic Development Authority
590 S. Marine Corps Drive
ITC Building 5th Floor, Suite 511
Click here for more information about Prugråman i Pinilan i Famagu’on Guåhan
- A DPHSS Licensed Child Care Facility, opened after January 01, 2022 or operational on the date of application or intend to open within 90 days of application.
- Meets compliance with applicable health and safety requirements at the time of application (i.e. sanitation permits, CPR and First Aid Training, etc.).
- Open and fully operational in accordance with applicable childcare rules and regulations on the date of application.
- In good standing with Guam's Child Care rules and regulations for licensed childcare facilities.
- Afterschool programs at public or private schools;
- At home childcare providers; and
- Businesses that were once open and are now permanently closed.
- Businesses eligible for CAPS 2021.
- Completed and signed program application to include self-certification and provider information.
- Monthly average 2022 actual / projected monthly expense statement.
- One-time opening expenses supported by paid invoices up to 60 days from the opening of the childcare center.
- Applicant's current business license / CCDF license or if daycare not opened Application for CCDF (Stamped received by DPHSS).
- Copy of current commercial lease or mortgage statement.
- Sanitary Permit (if applicable).
- Vendor Record / EFT Establishment request (DOA Form ACC-VNA001).
- DUNS / UEI number as required for all grant awards of $50,000 or more.
Award AmountAward calculation takes into account the need to provide assistance and stability for the childcare industry. Grant support of Seventy Five percent (75%) of total cost pertaining to opening the childcare facility. Example: Total startup cost (approved invoices submitted) $200,000 x 75% = $150,000
Maximum Award AmountGrant support of 75% (seventy five percent) of total cost pertaining to opening the childcare facility, not to exceed $200,000.00 per location. All funds must be expended by September 30, 2023.
STEP 1Initial Inquiry. GEDA expects initial inquires to be minimal, with most information readily conveyed to the public via the GEDA website.
STEP 2Official Submission Date. The official date of filing of a program application occurs when GEDA receives an application package via email or electronic record of submission via drop box.
STEP 3Program Application Review for Completeness. Applicant packet will be reviewed by GEDA.
STEP 4Notice to Applicant. If the application status shows INCOMPLETE, the applicant will be notified of items needed to complete the application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to review the checklist of requirements to ensure a complete packet is submitted.
STEP 5Application Review for Eligibility
STEP 6Notice to Applicant on award amount and/or notice of ineligibility.
STEP 7Fund disbursement.